Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Problem With the Defense

Ok I know everyone just wants to forget about last Saturday and move on to the next one, but I can't just yet. I'm STILL fuming over how our defense played and you want to know why? Let me just throw this name out at you...Tra "I like to talk alot of shit" Battle. This guy just doesn't get it. How many times is he going to blow coverage? How many times is he going to knock the ball out of Paul Oliver's hands when he has a for sure interception? And how many damn times is he going to talk shit to the other team regardless of if we are winning or not? I'm sorry, but I can't take this crap any longer with this kid. It's time for C.J. Byrd to step up and take over. I know he doesn't quite have the experience yet, but this kid can hit, he's bigger, and he probably covers a helluva lot better than Battle can. Now you are probably wondering if I'm putting all the blame on Battle for our loss. No, I wish I could but I can't because the defense overall played terrible. Whether it was CWM's fault or the team just didn't play well I don't know. But come Saturday against Vandy, I want to see a whole different team on the field that wants to get after it instead of the one where it seemed everyone went through the motions and ultimately lost us the game. That new team includes C.J. Byrd making the start over Battle.

5 Comments:

Blogger lconneff said...

Now, I'm not implying that you've broken down game tape or anything, because I obviously haven't, but how was he any more responsible for the pass defense Saturday night than anyone else?

I'll give you the long TD at Ole Miss, but Schaeffer did buy a ridiculous amount of time on that play. That's just one play, anyway.

And it has been pretty obvious the last few weeks that he's prone to talk some of "that crash" Chumley was always talking about. But I don't think that really amounts to anything in the long run.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not big Battle supporter persay, because I don't really care who plays either way. Personally, I would like to see more of C.J. Byrd, if only because he was such a highly touted recruit.

I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything. I just haven't really noticed Battle being more of a problem than anyone else this year. I don't know.

10/11/2006  
Blogger PMac said...

Alright I'm sorry I confused anyone. I wasn't meaning too. The main point of this post was to vent out some anger over the way Battle plays. I wasn't meaning to specifically point out Saturday's game because as Larry said he blew coverage against Ole Miss and they scored a long touchdown. Yes Schaeffer had plenty of time, but I regress. Look back at last year's Auburn game. I still have the images of Devin Aromoshadu(I can't spell that kid's name to save my life)catching that pass across the middle and Battle basically standing there. How could we forget that major miscue? I know it's only a few plays, but to me they seem to be rather big mistakes. The whole knocking the ball out of Oliver's hands is probably a little far fetched on my part, but hey even Oliver is even getting a little fed up from what I can tell.Honestly I just think they need to get Byrd some more playing time so he can be ready to take over next year.

10/11/2006  
Blogger PMac said...

Damn I sound like an asshole. I apologize, it's been a rough day.

10/11/2006  
Blogger Charlie Dodson said...

It's safe to say that Battle is a big talker and P Mac is not an asshole. However, if I see one more motherfucking abbreviation on either blog that I check hourly, I'll turn into an even bigger talking asshole than I already am.

10/11/2006  
Blogger Slic Ric said...

IMO (in my opinion) JT3 is a DGD but a shitty QB. CMR needs to play MS, fire CWM, and hire BVG from GSU. KL needs more carries. TB obviously blocks better. MM can't catch shit. LMAO (laughing my ass off).

10/12/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home