Sunday, September 17, 2006

My Review of Saturday

According to ESPN it was called "Separation Saturday." Yesterday we saw certain programs make a name for themselves, and then we saw perennial powers start the slide downwards. I think after this week we are assured of a great college football season. Anyways I know some of you will give your own review of yesterday(and I hope you do), but I wanted to share some of my opinions as well. Also, I'm not reviewing the USC-Nebraska game because the result ended in what was supposed to happen. I don't really understand what all the hype was about, and I certainly don't understand why in the hell College GameDay went out there in the first place. Enough about that.

Michigan 47 - ND 21
I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this go down! I have been sick and tired of hearing about Brady Quinn, Charlie Weis, that psycho safety of theirs, and the rest of the pageantry that surrounds that football program. I'm sure some of you don't like this, but that's fine. You all know I have never liked Notre Dame. Plus, for the 3rd week in a row I have been screwed over by them in my picks on this site. I'm hoping they won't be a choice for the next few weeks since they play nobody until USC.

Looks like Lloyd Carr can keep his ass off the hot seat for a little while longer!

Auburn 7 - LSU 3
I think everyone expected a low scoring game here. It was just a pure defensive battle between two very good teams. My only problem here comes on LSU's last drive. Last play with a few seconds on the clock and you don't throw to the endzone? Now I'm sure Auburn had quite a few guys sitting on that goal line waiting for that pass, but come on. LSU should have given it a shot in my eyes. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this. My other thought on this is that Auburn deserves to be number 2 and I'm not looking forward to seeing Georgia play them right now.

I'd be like this too if I hadn't been thrown the ball to while in the endzone.


West Virginia 45 - Maryland 24
I thought I was in a dream Thursday night when I saw the score 28-0 after the first quarter in this game. All I have to say is that West Virginia's offense is very very good. The defense might be a little suspect, but they should get it down in time for Louisville. I believe I have them winning the National Championship when Larry asked for predictions about a month ago. The only problem with that I think is going to be their schedule.

This kid is a badass.

Georgia 34 - UAB 0
Personally, I thought this was going to be more of a game. I think Stafford did an excellent job in doing everything he was asked to do. There wasn't really anything spectacular to say about this game other than our defense posting its second straight shutout. We should be 5-0 rolling into that Tennessee game in a few weeks. On a side note, Kregg Lumpkin should be the new starting running back. Thomas Brown just hasn't done anything worth noting for the last 3 weeks, and until he does he needs to be sit down.

Clemson 27 - FSU 20
FSU has some huge problems. Ever since Mark Richt left the program, that offense has been just terrible. There's not really too much else to say about this game. I will say this though. As bad as FSU is, I guarantee some of these top recruits hardly give a shit and will still commit there. Same goes for Miami. It's just not fair.

Florida 21 - Tenn 20
I really wish there was a way for two teams to lose. This game would have been a prime example, but since I know this can't happen I just pulled for everyone to get hurt. I know it's harsh, but when Georgia has both of these teams remaining on the schedule we are going to need all the help we can get. Decent game, nothing else to say. I hate both of them.

Louisville 31 - Miami 7
I really wasn't expecting this one at all. I thought it would be close, but this was a complete embarrassment. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw that Coker has been fired within the next few weeks. Miami has some issues they need to deal with and I'll go ahead and say that they might be struggling to make a bowl game. As far as Louisville, they are a very good team. They have great potential to be in a BCS game, but to do that they are really going to need Brohm back for that West Virginia game.

4 Comments:

Blogger lconneff said...

Lloyd Carr has the same look on his face Rick did after he talked to Stafford on Signing Day.

9/17/2006  
Blogger Charlie Dodson said...

however, lloyd is not half as wet as rick was

9/17/2006  
Blogger Slic Ric said...

both of you can stick it in Joe T's ass while he's sitting on the bench bitching about not playing like a college version of TO. But it's ok after all he's a DGD.

9/17/2006  
Blogger JJBA said...

I think your good, your good. But your also an idiot.

9/18/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home